Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 109


 Part 2

I found that I could not insert the monitor while the riser was in place, so I attempted to wrestle the 50 pound monitor into the cabinet whilst placing the riser underneath. The effect of which is like trying to add a floor on a house underneath the first floor. So I asked my mother to place the riser while I held the monitor up. Almost didn't make that either, but with a bit of coaxing and swearing we managed to get them in place.


After that, I got the brackets in place to keep it from swaying about.

The result wasn't too bad after I got it where it needed to be.

From here, I put in the mini-tower and the rest of the guts.  I removed the marquee and uninstalled the speakers and put the two satellite speakers in their place.






The results weren't to shabby. I've got some work to do so I can use remote control. This way I can get rid of the keyboard and mouse altogether. After that, I'll order the arcade parts and wire them up to the mini-tower.

That should get it to an operational state. After that I'll start the process of prettying-up the cabinet with new side art, a marquee and the bezel to hide the monitor and the interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment