Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 258

One Game, One Button, One big pain in the butt.

Today I spent the majority of the day trying to get one game emulator to work properly in the cabinet. Kega Fusion which plays Sega Genesis games. Everything thing else in the program works just fine except for exiting the emulator and returning to Hyperspin.

Nothing I tried worked. Consulted with people in the Hyperspin forums, Fusion forums, you name it. The emulator just simply refused to acknowledge what Hyperspin was telling it to do.

So I thought, I'll hack an old keyboard and make one big button that represents the escape key and that should fix it. But I'm too lazy to go through the trouble.

So I found this link:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-xp-vista/

So I told Windows that one button on the X-Arcade Solo will represent the Escape key forever. Done.

Now Fusion behaves itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment