Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 268

Today since it was getting so close to Christmas and I wanted the unit to be operational, I decided to disable the emulators that were still giving me trouble. Most of them were working fine, but it was always some small detail: Can't start the game without some extra step, can't exit, etc. This included Turbografx 16, NES, Nintendo 64, Vectrex and Visual Pinball.

I also enabled the shutdown feature of Hyperspin so I wouldn't have to quit the program and then shutdown in Windows. Now if I can just make Windows XP more invisible in the startup / shutdown procedure, it'll be just fine.

I also wanted to add a wireless network card to the unit, so I could also add internet radio. Unfortunately the Linksys card I had lying around didn't support the security in my network, so that was out. Odd since that card was way newer than the old Airlink 101 cards we had. But that's Cisco for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment